An predicted 36.6 million Hispanics of Mexican origin lived in the us in 2017, based on a Pew Research Center analysis for the U.S. Census Bureau’s United states Community Survey. Mexicans in this analytical profile are those who self-identified as Hispanics of Mexican beginning; this consists of immigrants from Mexico and people whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Mexico.
Mexicans would be the population that is largest of Hispanic origin residing in the usa, accounting for 62% regarding the U.S. Hispanic population in 2017. Since 2000, the population that is mexican-origin increased 76%, growing from 20.9 million to 36.6 million on the duration. The Mexican foreign-born population living in the U.S. Grew by 29%, from 8.7 million in 2000 to 11.2 million in 2017 at the same time.
Mexican-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
Pew Analysis Center
The after key points compare demographic and financial traits of this population that is mexican-origin the U.S. Utilizing the traits of U.S. Hispanics together with U.S. Populace overall. It really is according to Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with the 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points include:
- Among Hispanics into the U.S., about 33% are international created, compared to 31% of U.S. Mexicans.
- About 50% of foreign-born Mexicans will be in the U.S. For more than twenty years, and 31% of foreign-born Mexicans are U.S. Residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the very least a bachelor’s level, compared to 12per cent of Mexicans.
- Among Mexicans many years 25 and older, the U.S. Born are far more most most likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelor’s level or maybe more (17% vs. 7%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000 among U.S.